RT @GwynneMP: @bricoflags @FORLancashire Very interesting. Incidentally, one of the supporters on the Stockport coat of arms wears a red ro…
Answers to, "A Quick Lancashire Quiz" from on the Beer Mat
These questions were on the back of beer mats distributed by Friends of Real Lancashire during 2016 and 2017
1) In which Beatles song is Lancashire mentioned?
Answer - A DAY IN THE LIFE
2) How did the area of Castlefield in Manchester come to be named?
Answer - IT DERIVES ITS NAME FROM THE ROMAN FORT – SUCH WERE OFTEN REFERRED TO AS CASTLES IN MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN TIMES.
3) At which racecourse is the Lancashire Oaks run?
Answer - HAYDOCK
4) Where would you find the General Register Office?
Answer - BIRKDALE, SOUTHPORT
5) Which Lancashire town received a visit from Mahatma Gandhi in 1931?
Answer - DARWEN
6) Rugby League great Willie Horne, captained Great Britain, England, Lancashire and which Lancashire team?
Answer - BARROW
7) Burnley Miners' Club is the world's biggest single consumer of what?
Answer - BENEDICTINE
8) Where would you find Billy Bob's Bi-planes, The Wriggler and Leonard's Flying Raft?
Answer - GULLIVER’S WORLD, WARRINGTON
9) After Old Trafford, where have Lancashire C C C played more home matches than anywhere else?
Answer - AIGBURTH, LIVERPOOL
10) What is the official name of the Runcorn, or Runcorn-Widnes, Bridge?
Answer - THE SILVER JUBILEE BRIDGE